Galaxy Kit # 155
by Gaby Lezen - gabylezen(at)sdeyoav.org.il
Reference Article in the Web: "Missing Lynx" site: Matthew Malogorski Superdetailing the GIAT "LeClerc" Main Battle Tank.
My Own Comparisions (quick comparisons with a walkaround obtained from the web. Address forgotten):
- Track has no resemblance to the correct item (seems like a T-62 Esci copy in rubber). Maybe Leopard II tracks can be used?
- External fuel tank arms oversimplified.
- Lack of rear turret detail (bustle, box, etc.) as per photos. Only two cylinders (?) shown. (no photo reference)
- Lower rear hull lacks handles, etc.
- Hull sides lack different panel definition (can be scribed) plus ventilator (?) grilles in rear right side part (not in left side in real vehicle).
- Crew turret hatches lack periscopes details.
- Integrated smoke mortar in turret only depicted by holes, lack detail.
- No return rollers at all (but are mainly covered by side skirts).
- Drive sprocket simplified, but again covered by side skirt mostly.
- Lack of driver's periscopes.
- Cannon has reasonable shape (luckily, after seeing the horrible Merkava's one !!)
- Lack of sensors & antenas in turret.
- Lack of bolts around whole body and turret.
|Back to Galaxy Kit List||Back to Home Page|