The old Resin Masters conversion piece is very close in measurements
to the drawings of the Rammtiger and that Resin Masters Rammtiger
was also free of defects and no flash to clean off.
I made an internal brace to sit the Rammtiger body onto the
top of the Dragon Porsche Tiger.
Going by the drawings of the Rammtiger, the body should sit
a little higher than as was modeled on the FCM version and on
most 1/35 scale kits. You should see the track fenders on both
sides (the long flat portions).
I also added a 'V-brace' to the front end. I believe the front
should have extra strengthening, because it's main function
was to ram buildings. I made the V-brace connect to existing
tow points on the Porsche Tiger.
I added spare tracks to the lower front, and used an aftermarket
I wanted to show some late war colouring on her, so I went a
little out of my comfort zone this time. The basecoat is RLM
75 (Grauviolet) and RAL 7008 (Khakibraun). I made a tool to
create the 'c-shaped' patterns and then put a flat coat on it.
Then for the first time I used artists oils for the wash : Raw
Sienna and Burnt Umber. I really like the effect and plan to
use this technique again.