by Jim Gordon
|Manufacturer: Esci kit #8319||email : jamesmgordon1(at)gmail(dot)com|
This was maybe my first braille armor model back in 1990, and over the years I've reworked and repainted it half a dozen times, never liking the finished results as it never looked "right".
This nagged me for 23 years, so recently I challenged myself to rebuild it yet again. Parts were missing, it was in L/70 fitment and it was painted in random colors as I had found a use for it as a painting test mule.
First I fabricated the schürzen to hide most of the running gear
as the tracks are pieced together from leftovers. I replaced the former
L/70 gun with the L/48, fabricated from spare parts, which is correct
for the hot knife zimmerit pattern I applied years ago.
I feel I got it right this time and I am finally done with it. So
don't trash bin your old models in favor of the latest, greatest thing!
Use the old stuff to improve your skills and the results can be rewarding.