By Michael Hatch
Steven Hodge (photo guy
and first opinion).
Kim Gervais (artist and
A minor conversion of a ESCI M48 to a
Israeli Magach 1 circa 1967. (I forget which M48 kit I used but it was the
one that had the vision block riser under the commander's
cupola.) I did the following
- Filled in the road wheels and cut
the track teeth grove into them.
- Opened up and detailed the crew
commander machine gun sub-turret.
- Added a 1/76th white metal tank
commander by MMS (from their US WWII set).
- Painted it with Pactra Israeli
Sand Grey. Hand painted the vehicles markings
- Grimed-up the engine
compartment area with a black wash.
- Weathered with pastel chalk dust.
- Added vehicle and crew storage
with resin, rolled tissue paper, and soft and hard
- Added two soft steel wire
- Added a tow cable made out of
thick thread dipped in Humbrol Steel and weathered with
red water colour wash.